Monday, February 22, 2010

War

(b)

I was given a drafting table from a friend's parents yesterday. Right now there's a few pictures from an antique book I bought "Nations at War", on the table ready to get my full attention.

 (picture not taken from the book, but has the same feeling)

The book explains, from all viewpoints, World War I, and other military related events from that era. I'm sure it's biased, but I picked it up to gather visual ideas. I'm planning on doing a couple pencil sketches of certain pictures, combining it with other pictures. Less of a collage, more of a single picture made up of two events.

I think it's pretty interesting to try and take an extreme event that changed the world to call your own. And suddenly history has been shifted a bit in your brain because now, what was stored thought, is physical. I could sell it and make profit from an idea I have about World War I.

Maybe I'll be posting some of the sketches. Maybe I'll write some music to it. Whatever it is, I'll release it all for free, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment